Thursday, June 30, 2016

Happy 4th of July!

Hello out there...hope everyone is enjoying a nice summer. We've been having a heat wave here in the Southwest but that's normal for June.   We finally got some rain last night to cool things down a bit hopefully for the weekend.

I'm so happy to report that a couple weeks ago I finished stitching my Fruit Bellpull by Teresa Wentzler!  This old UFO was a big monkey on my back and I'm glad it's finally done as I started it over 10 years ago.  It sat for years without any work being done but I got it out earlier this year and finished off 2 more blocks.  The pattern has 6 fruit blocks but I just picked 4 to do and that's enough.  I just need to get some bellpull hardware and sew it up one of these days.


It's so hard sometimes to choose what to stitch when there is so much you love and have in your stash!  My list seems to be a mile long of things I want to stitch.    I recently stitched this little free design from Threadworks Primitive and I made it into a needle/scissor case.  I'm happy with how it turned out!  

"Dutch Tulip" freebie by Threadworks Primitive


And speaking of finishing, below are some photos of what I did with one of the Little House Needlework ornament patterns.  A dear friend gave me this wooden spindle from Bloom Woodworks. It's a great way to display small pieces. I sew a little sleeve on the backing fabric before I put it all together and that holds it on the spindle.    I have so much Christmas stuff but I just can't stop making more! 

"Season's Greetings" from Little House Needleworks


I'm doing an SAL with a cyber-friend and it's going well.  This sampler is from the Blackbird Designs "Joyeux Noel" book. I've wanted to stitch this sampler for years so I'm glad to finally get it done . I just have the bottom part and border to finish.  I changed a lot on this sampler.....I substituted several of the colors and as I went along I stopped following the colors on the chart and just made things whatever color I wanted.  The book says this was charted from an antique sampler and there were lots of missing letters, letters out of sequence, etc.  I added in some of the missing letters and corrected the letter sequence...I just can't leave things alone but I cause  myself a lot of extra work!  Here's my progress:


The list of things needing framing is starting to get too much on it again....framing costs are so high. I like to get museum glass on my pieces and it's so expensive.  Also....I've been stitching for almost 40 years and I have about 60 framed pieces!  Not all of them are on display because many are seasonal or holiday pieces but what am I going to do with all of this?!?!    I'm not going to have room to keep adding to the collection constantly so I try to figure out other things to do with some of the finished pieces.   My DH and I are planning to downsize to a smaller home over the next year also so I have to keep that in mind too.   Not to mention all the quilts I have too - good thing I only have 2 hobbies!!



34 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and finishing. I think I still have the magazine with the fruit bellpull design. Congrats on finally finishing it.
    Your needle case and spindle finish are very clever ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing your TW fruits! Your needle/scissor case turned out super. I really love how you finished the LHN Cardinal. Thanks for the information about the spindle. Enjoy the coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the great finish! That's quite an accomplishment. Love what you did to the LHN ornament. 60 framed pieces?! Wow. The needle/scissor case is so nice. Jeanne, it has rained last two nights and this morning and its only 75 degrees as I type. Whoohoo! I think our monsoon season has arrived:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT is a LOT of framed pieces my friend!! Love the LHN ornie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finishes! Love your SAL piece too. It is one I hope to do some day. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your finihes...the LHN piece is very creative and pretty. Kudos on finishing an older one too. I know what you mean about having too much to decide what to stitch. Happy stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job of finishing the TW bellpull...I look forward to seeing it finished! Also a great job on the needlebook... how did I miss that free design? I am very curious about the spindle... don't the pieces slide down? I was JUST going through my drawer of unfinished pieces before I got on the computer... In fact, I am sneezing like crazy! Some of them are dusty I guess! I am going to have a finishing weekend! I might have about 35-40 framed pieces, plus lots of other type finished pieces to display. And I have only been seriously stitching since 2006! I hear you!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. I only read blogs very intermittently lately. This is the second time Fruit Bell Pull has come up. It's a very long time UFO for me. I loved it almost to the end and then quit. I made the grave mistake of not backstitching along the way. I think it is awakening and calling to me.. what do you think? LOL... Oh boy. Your's is beautiful! Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fruit pull is so pretty. The seasons greetings finish is so different
    And a beautiful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on finishing your bell pull! It's such a beautiful design and it must feel great to have it finally finished.
    I love your spindle display idea, and that's a beautifully finished ornament you're displaying on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All great finishes, and the Sampler is pretty.
    Congrats on finishing the TW, it's an intense piece!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bell pull so much, Jeanne! It's great seeing your spindle put to such great use with that awesome finish and, of course, I'm loving doing yet another SAL with you, my very dear, far-away friend! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhhh - the fruit bell pull is done ! YEAH YOU! love all your other finishes too. I saw the cardinal ornament on the spindle on FB - great finishing idea. Hope you enjoy a happy 4th weekend - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful stitching on all your projects. I especially loved your needle/scissor book; such a gorgeous finish with beautiful fabric. Happy stitching.................

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, beautiful finishes! Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the finishes! I love Teresa Wentzler, but never have the patience to stitch her pieces. This bell pull is lovely! Love everything else too! The colors in your WIP are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The fruit project is amazing - I could not stop staring at it! Thanks for the neat post...
    http://allcrossstitchpatterns.yolasite.com/Dragon-Cross-Stitch-Patterns.php

    ReplyDelete
  18. I realy like what you have done with the LHN piece !!
    BTW don't you update your blog anymore ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much.......... felling very very happy. I'm searching it for many weeks. At last I found it.
    sagame 1688

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Since the release of Path of Exile, many players have accumulated, and players’demand for POE currency is also increasing.

    Attached link: https://www.poecurrency.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. In order to allow players to enjoy more discounts,MMOWTS staff are always monitoring the product market to ensure that you can buy Lost Ark Buy Gold at a low price. In addition, in terms of delivery speed,MMOWTS can currently complete most orders in an average of 15 minutes, which is difficult for many websites on the market.MMOWTS' 24/7 online customer service will also be here to help you with any difficulties. If you are worried about the security of your account,MMOWTS can assure you that each of your orders will be processed in the safest way, so you don't have to worry about your account being banned. Finally, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your order, you can request a refund.MMOWTS provides a comprehensive refund policy, if the order error is caused by MMOWTS, you will get a 100% refund

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love hearing from other stitchers and crafters. If you have any questions be sure to leave an email address if you don't have one in your blogger profile so I can contact you. I appreciate your visit! (I've had to turn off allowing anonymous comments due to spammers)