Friday, June 30, 2006

Quaker Garden SAL

Here are my supplies to start the Quaker Garden SAL this weekend. Karen from the U.K. is leading us. I love this pattern - can't wait to start. I am using 36-ct Vintage Pear by Lakeside Linens and Gloriana Luminescence threads. I had a piece of the 40-ct in this color but it was very brown with very little green in it so I bought this piece the other night to use instead. This will be my first time using the Luminescence silks - they feel wonderful so will see how they stitch. They are expensive though! About twice as much as regular silk skeins. At least this is a small project so I only needed 5 of them.

I also finished my biscornu for the Legacy exchange last night. I really like it and plan to make a duplicate of it for myself. I don't want to post a picture of it until after my exchange partner receives it in a couple of weeks. This was my first biscornu and the finishing went better than I thought it would.

We had a major wind storm here in Phoenix tonite but sadly, no rain! The east coast is getting too much and we need it so badly. It's supposed to be 109 tomorrow - another hot one. A good day to spend in the pool! We aren't going away for the holiday weekend, plan to just relax around home and I hope to get a lot of stitching in.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to love working on the Quaker Garden!! Cant wait to see some wip pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love hearing from other stitchers and crafters. If you have any questions be sure to leave an email address if you don't have one in your blogger profile so I can contact you. I appreciate your visit! (I've had to turn off allowing anonymous comments due to spammers)