Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving finish

I just finished this piece by Homespun Elegance on Tuesday night and temporarily put it in the frame tonite so I could display it for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I will do a better stretching/mounting after November but this is good enough for now. (click on photo to see a larger version)



This was a fun and quick stitch that only took me a week (for me that is really good!) I found this lovely frame at my LNS when I bought the pattern last week. This is called "Delivering Plenty" and the great thing is that there are 5 or 6 other "delivering" patterns that I can stitch and swap in and out of the frame for other seasons and holidays. I like being able to swap pieces out and it saves on the framing costs especially for small seasonal pieces. I have to make this short tonite as I still have some chores to do getting ready for tomorrow's guests. I like to have my table all set up the night before and that is the last thing I want to do tonite. I prepared most of the dishes this afternoon and just have to bake everything while DH cooks the turkey out on the grill. Hope all of you enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving shared with family or friends! I'm especially thankful for all the wonderful designers and products that make stitching so enjoyable, and the online community of stitchers to share with. :-)

5 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely project! I'm glad I discovered your blog. Your stitching is absolutely beautiful.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! If you hadn't said I'd have never known it wasn't stretched properly :)

    And what a great idea swapping things in and out of the frame! Why didn't I think of that? Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your Thanksgiving finish! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute little design. And gorgeous frame too! What a great idea, to swap the designs out for different occasions/seasons!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish! It looks great in that frame!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love hearing from other stitchers and crafters. If you have any questions be sure to leave an email address if you don't have one in your blogger profile so I can contact you. I appreciate your visit! (I've had to turn off allowing anonymous comments due to spammers)